Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Works for Me Wednesday: Online Shopping

I have to admit, if I've got shopping to do and I have a choice between loading up six kids, taking my map of all local potty stops, and filling the diaper bag with a mini-fridge worth of snacks or sitting in front of my computer, hot cup of coffee in hand, I'm going to opt for the later.

Unless, of course, it's Lent and I'm looking for a penitential experience for myself and my fellow shoppers.

But on my non-hairshirt wearing days, online shopping is a wonderful solution for this mom! My favorite *store* isn't really a store at all. With a large family to clothe, feed, and nurture (who have come to expect such things every.single.day), the best online *store* for me are the coupon shopping sites.

Before I buy ANYTHING online, I stop by the Coupon Cabin, Current Codes, Dealcatcher, or any other number of bargain-hunting locations out there on the web. Often times, I can find free shipping, an additional percentage off or some other incentive not advertised directly on the store's webpage. If you're smart, you can usually combine a few bargains together--or take advantage of a known deal IRL--for even more savings online.

For example, if our Sunday inserts show a great sale on Levi's at Kohls (say $19.99--and, yes, that's for real!) and I have gotten one of their 15%, 20% or 30% coupons in the mail, I can go to one of these sites and find the online code for the maximum discount regardless of the discount I received via snail mail. If they're also offering free shipping for orders over, say $50, then I wait for when I can combine enough items to take advantage of that promotion, too.

Getting FOUR pairs of brand new Levi's--delivered to my door--for just over $50...Works For Me!

For other great online shopping ideas, visit Rocks in My Dryer today!

No comments: