5McKids tagged me to do this meme, groups of 8 things about me...
8 things I'm passionate about...
1. My faith
2. My family
4. Social Justice
8. Making a house a home
8 things I want to do before I die...
1. Love my family as best as God's grace enables me to do.
2. Get back on an airplane to travel to Ethiopia.
3. Encourage others to consider adoption.
4. Share the Truth of my faith with others.
5. Write a bible study with my husband.
6. Find a cure for dusting--does anybody REALLY like to dust? I didn't think so.
7. Live a life that brings people closer to Christ.
8. Eat more chocolate.
8 things I say often...
I asked my children for help with this and was given a list of things like...
1. "Help your sisters."
2. "Is your room clean?"
3. "Empty the dishwasher?"
4. "Are you emptying the dishwasher?"
5. "Have you finished the dishwasher?"
To which I asked, "Can't you all think of anything NICE that I say? These things make me sound like a drill sergeant!" Then after thinking a minute The Boy chimes in...
6. "Thanks for doing the dishwasher." Followed by B, who said...
7. "How are you?" (You say that one a lot, too) Then, they came to a consensus with...
8. "I'm on the computer!" (called out from the den downstairs to anywhere in the house)
Why is it *I* always hear myself saying things like, "Have a great day at school!" "Good night!" "I love you!" and "See you in the morning!", but the children hear otherwise?
8 TV shows I’ve recently watched (this list would be SOOO different if the writer's weren't striking!!...
1. American Idol
2. Full House
4. The Simpsons
5. The Weather Channel
6. The Food Network
8 songs I could listen to over and over (In no particular order)...
1. Broken Road-Rascal Flatts
2. Brave-Nichole Nordeman
3. Crazy - MercyMe
4. In the Sun-Michael Stipe and Coldplay
5. Green Eyes-Coldplay
6. Waiting on the World to Change-John Mayer
7. This One's For the Girls-Martina McBride
8. Anything by Reba McEntire
8 things that attract me to my best friends...even my virtual ones!
1. They lift me up with their faith.
2. They encourage me in my vocation.
3. They invite my family over, even when we bring ALL the kids!
4. They make me laugh.
5. They share their stories.
6. They share their recipes!
7. They share their sorrows as well as their joys.
8. They make me a better person by just knowing them.
Thank you, you all are great!
8 things I’ve learned this past year (or previously, with a strong reminder this year)...
1. Life is short.
2. Don't waste the opportunities given to you.
3. Be not afraid.
4. Trust is necessary in all circumstances.
5. Be yourself, God made no one else just like you.
6. Be truthful, even when the truth hurts.
7. Be quiet. Stop talking. Listen for the whisper of God.
8. Love one another.
8 people I think should do '8'...
All *eight* of you Ark readers!