Friday, February 15, 2008

Prayer Request

For the victims and their families, including the shooter, of this unspeakable tragedy that happened in our own backyard yesterday.

A Prayer for an end to Violence

God of life,

Every act of violence in our world, in our communities, between myself and others, destroys a part of your creation.

Stir in my heart a renewed sense of reverence for all life.

Give me the vision to recognise your spirit in every human being, however they behave towards me.

Make possible the impossible by cultivating in me the fertile seed of healing love.

May I play my part in breaking the cycle of violence by realising that peace begins with me.

St Ethelburga's Centre for Reconciliation and Peace London 7 July 2005

1 comment:

Mama of 5 said...

I was thinking of you and your family when I hear of this tragedy. My prayers are with you all.
Becky