Thursday, September 20, 2007

Channeling Jason Alexander

It's been a rough week on the ark. The kids have been busy every night of the week after school. We've had numerous doctor and dentist appointments. Homework has been a bear. And occasionally, I catch sight of this good-looking guy walking through my bedroom in the wee hours of the morning. (I think he might live here, but I'm not sure).

So this morning, it seemed appropriate to treat myself to a pumpkin spice latte (decaf, of course). I rarely opt for anything from this over-the-top coffee shop, but this morning, desperation won out over sensibility. I went through the drive-thru, accepted up my liquid pick-me-up from an overly enthusiastic employee and drove off to drop CB at preschool.
Once it seemed my coffee had cooled, I raised the paper cup to my lips and in a private toast took my first sip...only to find that I had been gypped. Sure enough, my cup was filled to its grande rim with hot chocolate (which is also probably pretty good, but that's not my point). Dejected, I turned a one-eighty and headed back to give my peppy coffee hostess a piece of my mind. Until, this image crossed my mind, and I had to laugh aloud at myself. My blogging-mommy, novice computer geek gave me no more right to lose my cool than those of more *celebrity* status. I mean, what kind of example would I be setting for my two youngest in the back seat.

Not a very good one.

So, I pulled through the line again, graciously accepted an apology and the correct drink and drove home; hoping I could find that funny clip playing in my head to share with this story.

No comments: