Thursday, May 29, 2008

Simply Lovely!

If you've never visited Suzanne of the Blueberry Cottage, do make a point to stop by and see her today. She's running the Make Your House a Home Challenge this month and she's sure to inspire you (I know she did me!) In addition to this challenge, while you're over there, she has a wonderful collection of recipes for natural cleaning. I know a while back SC Mom (Barb) did a terrific post on homemade laundry soap ( If you have that link, Barb, I'd love to post it here, too.)

All these simple things (and a few clever ladies who've emailed me) got me thinking...what if we put together a *Frugal Carnival* of sorts? You know, to showcase not only the cost-savings aspects, but also the beauty that simplicity affords.

We could aim to put something together for later this month. If you have a blog, you can simply post the information at your place and we'll come visit. If you don't have one, you can email me (patjrsmom at yahoo dot com) or leave a note with your tip in the combox and we'll include your tips as well.

What do you think?

3 comments:

Stina said...

Have you been reading my mind again?!?!?!?

I wouldn't have anything to contribute, but I would definitely read a Frugal Carnival. I've been looking for ideas. I'm trying to learn the fine art of frugality as it doessn't come so naturally to me. Let me know what I can do to help out with this. Great idea!

Jane (a.k.a. patjrsmom) said...

Hi Stina,

Don't sell yourself short--I'd bet some very *frugal* amount, that you have something to contribute! Think about it and see. It doesn't even have to be your own invention--just something that works for you that helps to create a more simple, frugal existence for your family.

As for other help, you can link to this post (and the actual carnival itself) to reach out into the far corners of the blogosphere for tips, ideas and suggestions from others!

Thanks for your help!

God Bless,
Jane

Laura said...

I used to subscribe to a newsletter called "The Tightwad Gazette." I speak fluent cheapese.
I don't know if I could contribute to a carnival, but you've given me food for thought. I will work the brain cells to see if I have a clever idea in place that I could share.