Tuesday, January 08, 2008

What's in a Name?

Apparently quite a bit if you ask Maryanna Korwitts, who is a self-proclaimed nameologist. An article ran in our local paper about her work yesterday. Besides reading about the anatomy--or history--of your name, or trying name *therapy* for a name that has just never quite suited you well, you can plug in your name to find out what personality traits are associated with your name. And if that wasn't enough, she even offers psychic intuitive readings.

How did I ever survive this long without knowing that instead of Jane I might make for a better Janie or Janel or Joan? Better still, how could my parents in all decency give me a name that might sway my personality one way or another before I even had a chance to offer my name suggestions. And what about that kid who changed his name to "Trout Fishing in America"? Where do you think he falls on the nameagories scale?

Stay tuned, dear friends, these and other questions along with the announcement of my new--and improved--name, still to come.

Tongue inserted firmly in cheek here. I mean you can't really believe I'd do a psychic intervention, could you? Now a chocolate intervention, that's a whole different story...

3 comments:

Chelsea Bergeron said...

That was very neat :)

Anne said...

Let me know when and where the chocolate intervention is and I am there!

Blessings,
Anne
And I am very happy with my name and spelling...........

Laura said...

I plugged my name in for fun and the description seemed to fit...interesting...
I have always loved names and actually owned several name books as a child. My children all have very traditional names but they all have the same number of syllables. If their first name is two syllables then their middle name is one and vice versa. (I'm sure you really wanted to know that).
Have a great day!