Thursday, January 25, 2007

TWC Inspiration

Sometimes an uplifting thought presents itself in the most unusual place.

Today, I took out my hair dryer to attempt (for the 50th time in as many days!) to, you know, blow dry my hair. As expected, attempt number 50 was no more successful than numbers 1-49. It's really not an important thing, given that EVENTUALLY my hair will dry and HOPEFULLY it will have some semblance of a style when it does so, but it's one of many things that are just taking up space on my to do list. Add to that the absolutely have to do things like: change diapers, do the laundry, keeping a 1, 2 and 3 year old engaged in meaningful (read: non destructive) activities, prepare breakfast, lunch, dinner (oh and shop for these meals) for 8, help with homework, do the laundry, take down and put into storage the Christmas decorations (for the love of God, at least it's not February yet), and did I mention---do the laundry. And add to that the things that *should* be getting done like washing the floors, scrubbing bathrooms, vacuuming and dusting on a somewhat more routine basis. And not to forget the continuing sagas of the re-adoption process and the basement project...oh, and if time permits, sleep or spend time with my most wonderful husband (without the supporting cast and crew of the ark)...so you can see where hair drying ranks on the ever expanding list. So, while I was getting dressed this morning and checking the weather for the day, I caught the end of an advertisement for one of The Weather Channel's evening programs and I smiled to myself as the announcer said, "It hasn't happened yet. BUT...it could happen tomorrow!" So, if you trip over my Christmas decorations coming down the stairs, or better still, if you're wondering why my hair is perpetually wet, you've been forewarned---just stop back tomorrow!

No comments: