Andrea had this posted on her blog and I had never seen it before. Given the current holding pattern we're in, it definitely hit home with me. (By the end of this week, if we still haven't heard anything about a group assignment, I might add an eleventh way that involves the adoption agency in question and speed dial...)
10. The fact that there are 143 million children without a parent to kiss them goodnight has made you lose sleep.
9. You can't watch Adoption Stories on TLC without sobbing.
8. You spend free time surfing blogs about families who have experienced the blessing of adoption.
7. You have welcomed a social worker into the most private parts of your life.
6. You had no idea how you would afford to adopt but stepped out in faith anyway, knowing where God calls you, He will provide.
5. You have taken an airplane ride half-way around the world with a child you just met.
4. You know what the word "Dossier" means, and you can actually pronounce it!
3. It drives you crazy when people ask you about your adopted child's "real" parents.
2. You realize DNA has little to do with love and family and that welcoming a child into your heart and family is one of the most important legacies you could ever leave on this earth.
1. You shudder when people say your child is so lucky that you adopted them, knowing full well you are the lucky one to have him or her in your life.