Monday, November 12, 2007

This should keep you busy...

Unless you have 5 or 10 minutes to spare, don't click on this link. It's for a good cause, really; who doesn't want to help donate rice to the hungry? And as an added bonus, you'll do it by testing your vocabulary prowess. Here's the catch, though, if you're a bit of a wordsmith and/or even slightly competitive, 5 or 10 minutes may not even be enough. 43 was my best vocabulary score and I donated so many grains of rice that I lost count, but that was after, a little more than my fair share of computer time.

I've heard it only goes as high as 50. Anybody score higher?

This morning's addiction brought to you by Owlhaven. Thanks, Mary!

5 comments:

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

My teenager showed me this game yesterday. He knows I can't discourage him from reviewing vocabulary AND helping a good cause--LOL!

Jane (a.k.a. patjrsmom) said...

When I came home this morning, the first words I heard were the Boy calling, "I need help!" When I called back, "Where are you?" and he replied, "On the computer...it's this rice game..." I had to smile to myself. One of the few times I encouraged *longer* computer time!

Jane

Barbara said...

Jane -- be cautious when it comes to UN donations. Their funds support abortion in Third World countries.

Jane (a.k.a. patjrsmom) said...

Thanks Barbara,
I did a little checking, however, before sharing this link and this appears to be specifically for food (grains of rice) donation related to poverty. I could not find anything that linked this game to something generic like "money" or "help" or "aid" or "donations". If there is evidence to support otherwise, please let me know because I certainly wouldn't want to support it!

Thanks,
Jane

Barbara said...

Jane,
If you checked it out, it must be fine. That's why I used the phrase "be cautious."

You have to be careful of verbage like "maternal health" and, of course, "family planning." (Ugh!)