Monday, November 06, 2006

Scripture Request Update

Thank you for all the various scripture verses for us to ponder. We're trying to narrow down the list. Here's what we have so far:
  • "Jesus said, 'Let the little children come to Me. Don't stop them, because the kingdom of heaven belongs to people who are like these children.'" -Matthew 19:14
  • "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before your were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations." -Jeremiah 1:5
  • "He destined us for adoption as his children through Jesus Christ, according to the good pleasure of his will..." -Ephesians 1:5
  • "And if children, then heirs, heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ--if, in fact, we suffer with him so that we may also be glorified with him." -Romans 8:17
  • "...So that we might receive adoption as children. And because you are children, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts crying, "Abba! Father!" So that you are no longer a slave but a child, and if a child then also an heir, through God." -Galatians 4:5-7
  • "Let us love one another, for love comes from God." - 1 John 4:7
  • "May the Lord bless and keep you, may his face shine upon you and be gracious and give you peace." - Numbers 6:24-26

A few of these were shared with us in a very special, very surprising way over this weekend, about which I will post later once I can let my words wrap around my thoughts. Thank you everyone for your help and if you have further suggestions--send them my way!

No comments: