Saturday, November 25, 2006

And they're off!

We dropped the boys off this today and their flight is officially on its way! I'm not sure about other families who adopted internationally, but for me, it was bittersweet today. The good news is that the journey to bring our Ethiopian children home is in its final stages, but it is always sad for me to drop someone off at the airport--especially my husband. Those of you who knew us while we were engaged, know that we spent much of our courtship on airplanes completing the East coast circuit along the I-95 corridor. The airport scene always has a touch of that at departure time for me. The better news is, that this time our reunion will be heralded in by two new family members in 20 degree (if the weather forecast holds) weather. (Ed. note: There will be NO need for any of the members of my wedding party to comment on my fixation with the weather and major life events, thankyouverymuch.) We have family coming over in a little while to help do some final room arrangments and some of them have been recruited to spend the night with us to help pass the time and give me some extra sets of "grown-up" hands to help with the girls. I'm expecting a phone call sometime in the middle of the night to hear that they've landed and I'll update when I know more. Thanks to all of you who have called and emailed me with your kind thoughts, words and prayers. Our family is so blessed to have you all in our lives.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, but I can't resist the urge to comment of the Weather Channel obsession!!! But only with lots of love that comes from knowing you for almost 25 years. All I will say is this - if you are expecting frigid tempatures, DO NOT let Rooney anywhere near your engine - specifically the windshield wiper fluid. For those that were not a part of that particular field trip, ammonia and water is NOT an acceptable substitute for actual windshield wiper fluid when the tempature drops below freezing. We have pictures to prove it. ;-)