Wednesday, October 18, 2006

The day after

No real news to report, except to say that our agency director has been out of the network for a few days. We should hopefully hear something from her tomorrow or so.

In the meanwhile, the little girls and I went to the all-school Mass this morning. We ended up sitting in the little chapel in the back of the church. It was very peaceful and quiet and even the girls were pretty low-key. Each class takes a turn doing the Mass (ie, reading the scripture readings, singing, etc...) and it is so sweet to hear a first grader warmly greet everyone or a fourth grader sing the offertory hymn.

And the song they sang today reminded me that we do not wait alone.

You Are Mine

I will come to you in the silence, I will lift you from all your fear.

You will hear my voice I claim you as my choice, be still and know I am here.

(Refrain) Do not be afraid, I am with you.

I have called you each by name.

Come and follow me, I will bring you home.

I love you and you are mine.

You can listen to the song here.



3 comments:

5KidMom said...

What a beautiful song. Thank you so much for sharing it. That sentiment applies at so many times in our lives. Especially the tough ones.

Anonymous said...

This beautiful song makes me cry in church every single time they play it. I can't even sing it, let alone read the words without tearing up. I guess sometimes mass just does that to a person... We're all waiting with you, J, P and family.

Jane (a.k.a. patjrsmom) said...

I love this one, too. I was so blessed to hear it yesterday!