Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The Uh-Oh Antiphons

My intentions were really good, really. But yesterday was spent far from my keyboard. Early yesterday morning (early by most mom's standards), our parish Mom's Group brunch was held at my home. It was a beautiful, relaxing morning filled with friends and food (especially this delicious Baked French Toast Casserole) and fun. The children (and there were easily 20 of them) played like angels, seriously. Even the hosting children--amazing. I was again reminded how blessed I am to be surrounded by a group of faith-filled women, who encourage and support one another as together we juggle the roles of wife, mother and woman of God.

Basketball practice, the big girls' Christmas program, (The Mystery of Simon Shepherd, which I would highly recommend for any grade school performance), and wrapping and packing all the out-of-towner's Christmas gifts for shipment today left me to fall asleep on the couch fading in and out of consciousness as Paula Deen baked the Rockettes and danced with a crescent-roll encrusted ham--or was that the other way around? Like I said, it was late.

Needless to say, I did not get around to much computing yesterday. I still have to email our caseworker back...but most importantly, I don't want to forget the beautiful O Antiphon from yesterday as well as the one for today. So, here they are:

O Sacred Lord of ancient Israel, who showed yourself to Moses in the burning bush, who gave him the holy law on Sinai mountain: come, stretch out your mighty hand to set us free.

As Lord, Christ has the power to free his people as he did at the time of exodus. We ask that he come and stretch out his arm to set us free from evil, sin, and death.

No comments: