Sunday, December 30, 2007

And the answers are...

santasmiley.png santasmiley.png santasmiley.png santasmiley.png santasmiley.png santasmiley.png santasmiley.png santasmiley.png santasmiley.png santasmiley.png santasmiley.png santasmiley.png santasmiley.png santasmiley.png santasmiley.png santasmiley.png santasmiley.png santasmiley.png santasmiley.png santasmiley.png santasmiley.png

1. Oh, member of the round table with missing areas = Oh Holy Night

2. Boulder of the tinkling metal spheres = Jingle Bell Rock

3. Vehicular homicide was committed on Dad's mom by a precipitous darling =
Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer

4. Wanted in December: top forward incisors = All I Want For Christmas Is My
Two Front Teeth

5. The apartment of two psychiatrists = The Nutcracker Suite

6. The lad is a diminutive percussionist = Little Drummer Boy

7. Sir Lancelot with laryngitis = Silent Night

8. Decorate the entryways = Deck the Halls

9. Cup-shaped instruments fashioned of a whitish metallic element = Silver
Bells

10. Oh small Israel urban center = Oh Little Town of Bethlehem

11. Far off in a haybin = Away in a Manger

12. We are Kong, Lear, and Nat Cole = We Three Kings

13. Duodecimal enumeration of the passage of the yuletide season = The Twelve
Days of Christmas

14. Leave and broadcast from an elevation = Go Tell It on the Mountain

15. Our fervent hope is that you thoroughly enjoy your yuletide season =
We Wish You a Merry Christmas

16. Listen, the winged heavenly messengers are proclaiming tunefully = Hark
the Herald Angels Sing

17. As the guardians of the woolly animals protected their charges in the
dark hours = Shepherds Watched Their Flocks By Night

18. I beheld a trio of nautical vessels moving in this direction = I Saw
Three Ships

19. Jubilation to the entire terrestrial globe = Joy to the World

20. Do you perceive the same vibrations which stimulate my auditory sense
organ? = Do You Hear What I Hear?

21. A joyful song of reverence relative to hollow metallic vessels which
vibrate and bring forth a ringing sound when struck = Carol of the Bells

22. Parent was observed osculating a red-coated unshaven teamster = I Saw
Mommy Kissing Santa Claus

23. May the Deity bestow an absence of fatigue to mild male humans = God Rest
Ye Merry Gentlemen

24. Rose-colored uncouth dolf is aware of the nature of precipitation, darling =
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer

So, how'd you do? (I mean BEFORE you googled the quiz) I was only able to identify about half of them. Anybody else?

3 comments:

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

I had all but one. No google. #5 had me stumped--funny, though!

Jane (a.k.a. patjrsmom) said...

Barb, I am impressed. When I got the quiz via email, it didn't come with answers. So, of course, we googled them. Then, once we had the answers safe in hand, we started trying to figure them out. With the help of the Boy, we were able to do all but 5, 17 and 21. I am impressed you got all but 5!!! So far, you are the Queen of the Carols--complete with bragging rights!

Happy New Year!
Jane

Easter Almuena said...

Hi dear Jane,

Oh my... he he h... I better not tell how I did. :-) Not too good, but this is really clever. I would love to share this with our homeschoolers here in our area. I thank you for this interesting and challenging post. :-)
p.s. did I tell you my husband gave up on it? Ha ha ha....
Have a great weekend to you and your beautiful family!

I came about 3 times already, but couldn't leave a message somehow. I see the additions... they are precious! :-)

Love,
Easter:-)