Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Next Stop--Bethlehem

The vacant nativity scene should have been my first clue...

But sometimes, you just have to see things to believe them...

Could it be? Rather than the traditional long-eared donkey, Joseph high-tailed it into town driving Mary, the animals and the three kings on--dare I say--a big yellow school bus?

And how did the mother from the Fisher-Price family doll house get on board?

Look out, Oliver Stone. You've got nothing on a three-year old left to her imagination.

8 comments:

Faith said...

I LOVE it! You gotta know that your kids know how to pack a large vehicle with as many passengers as possible..... hee hee.....

n. said...

I have to say how tickled I was to see this, very much like things that happen in my house!

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

That's a pretty familiar sight. Little Brother frequently has knights and pirates visiting the Baby Jesus along with the 3 Kings.

I think it says a lot, though, about how easily children integrate the Holy Family into their own lives. What a great gift children have!

Life in Fitzville said...

Is that Mary Magdalene coming out of the sunroof?

Too funny!

Lisa@UnexpectedJourney said...

Hahaha! That is so cute. As much as my kids love Little People, we've never seen the Nativity set! I'm going to have to be on the lookout for that!

Anonymous said...

Hands down those are the best photos you have ever posted! We have the same Nativity set and just yesterday Baby Jesus joined our family sing along at the piano! He's not bad for a newborn!
Love,
CC
PS-You'll be driving the Partridge family bus yet!

Eileen said...

CC beat me to it--I was going to be clever and work in that Partridge Family Bus, too, it's the first thing I thought of! Just imagine the Holy Family and all their friends, gustily singing, "Come on, get happy! A whole lotta lovin' is what we'll be bringing" all the way to Bethlehem--fits, ya know?

Too cute!

Jamie Carin and Claudio Romano said...

LOL!!! Looks like a Patridge Family style roadtrip!

Too cute.