Saturday, December 15, 2007

Christmas Meme

You can thank Katie later, for asking me to share my Christmas faves and flops...


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both, but if I'm doing bags I simply MUST have tissue paper!

2. REAL OR FAKE TREE? Two fake ones after many years (and allergies) of real ones. However, I'm not sure the dust on the fake ones helps the dust allergies either!

3. When do you put up the tree? Third Sunday in Advent (tomorrow!)

4. When do you take the tree down? weekend after Epiphany

5. Do you like eggnog? Is "blecch" an answer?

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Red velvet Sassoon pants when I was 8 years old. My dad drove all over the place trying to find a pair of "designer jeans" that were all the rage; so while these weren't jeans, they were a special gift because of the thought behind them.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? We have a Fontannini set started by my mom on our first married Christmas, which Santa adds a piece to each year AND the *infamous* Little People Nativity set.

8. Hardest person to buy for? Kids' teachers

9. Easiest person to buy for? All the kids

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I honestly can't think of one...

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? White Christmas, Christmas Vacation, The Muppet's Christmas Carol, Christmas Eve on Sesame Street and A Charlie Brown Christmas (Okay, by definition I realize that selecting more than one negates the title favorite, but I really like them all!)

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? late Summer/early Fall

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No, but I have shared with my family

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Buckeye cookies and Roast Beef with Yankee Magazine's "Freddie's Famous Roast Potatoes" (to which I also add baby carrots) and Yorkshire Pudding.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear on the inside trees, colored outside

17. Favorite Christmas song? Alan Jackson's Let it Be Christmas Sesame Street's Keep Christmas With You

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home in the morning, visit relatives in the afternoon

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Grumpy, Doc...

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? After Christmas Eve Mass, we come home and relive my husband's tradition of delicious appetizers (in place of a sit-down meal) and everyone opens one gift that night.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? When the secular world ends Christmas on December 25th at midnight.

23. What do you love most about Christmas? There isn't a thing I don't like about Christmas. I'd be like Elmo who wanted to have Christmas everyday. Yeah, yeah, I know how well that turned out for him.
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!

If any of you are feeling jolly, leave a link letting us know you're playing, too...otherwise, if you're feeling a little scrooge-ish, you can always come back and play later, after a cup (or two) of egg nog.

2 comments:

Kathy Cassel said...

I did this on my blog at http://casselcrew.blogspot.com/

Did you do the one to find out which reindeer you are? I always come out the nicey-nicey answers. Sometimes I 'm going to take a walk on the wild side!

Jane (a.k.a. patjrsmom) said...

I have not done the reindeer one! I'm headed over to see your Christmas meme on your blog, I'll look for it there.

Thanks for playing,
Jane