You can thank Katie later, for asking me to share my Christmas faves and flops...
1. or ?
2. REAL OR FAKE TREE? Two fake ones after many years (and allergies) of real ones. However, I'm not sure the dust on the fake ones helps the dust allergies either!
3. When do you put up the tree? Third Sunday in Advent (tomorrow!)
4. When do you take the tree down? weekend after Epiphany
5. Do you like eggnog? Is "blecch" an answer?
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Red velvet Sassoon pants when I was 8 years old. My dad drove all over the place trying to find a pair of "designer jeans" that were all the rage; so while these weren't jeans, they were a special gift because of the thought behind them.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? We have a Fontannini set started by my mom on our first married Christmas, which Santa adds a piece to each year AND the *infamous* Little People Nativity set.
8. Hardest person to buy for? Kids' teachers
9. Easiest person to buy for? All the kids
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I honestly can't think of one...
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? White Christmas, Christmas Vacation, The Muppet's Christmas Carol, Christmas Eve on Sesame Street and A Charlie Brown Christmas (Okay, by definition I realize that selecting more than one negates the title favorite, but I really like them all!)
13. When do you start shopping for ? late Summer/early Fall
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No, but I have shared with my family
15. Favorite thing to eat at ? Buckeye cookies and Roast Beef with Yankee Magazine's "Freddie's Famous Roast Potatoes" (to which I also add baby carrots) and Yorkshire Pudding.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear on the inside trees, colored outside
17. Favorite Christmas song? Alan Jackson's Let it Be Christmas Sesame Street's Keep Christmas With You
18. Travel at or stay home? Stay home in the morning, visit relatives in the afternoon
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Grumpy, Doc...
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star
21. Open the presents or morning? After Christmas Eve Mass, we come home and relive my husband's tradition of delicious appetizers (in place of a sit-down meal) and everyone opens one gift that night.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? When the secular world ends Christmas on December 25th at midnight.
23. What do you love most about ? There isn't a thing I don't like about Christmas. I'd be like Elmo who wanted to have Christmas everyday. Yeah, yeah, I know how well that turned out for him.
If any of you are feeling jolly, leave a link letting us know you're playing, too...otherwise, if you're feeling a little scrooge-ish, you can always come back and play later, after a cup (or two) of egg nog.