Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Reason Number 2

The other day I was feeling overwhelmed. Too many appointments, too many commitments. More than enough of everything to go around--except me. How could I possibly meet all those needs for all those people? I hadn't a clue, but I knew Someone who did so I asked for help. And as is always God's way, a simple request is often met with joyful abundance.

Extraneous commitments were dropped. A few appointments were rescheduled. Priorities were rearranged and the tide began its easy ebb out to sea. Sighs of relief were breathed. Most of all by a grateful me.

But, God wasn't finished yet.

In my inbox came an email--a totally random, out-of-the-blue email. With the subject line: The 10 Most Important Things You Need to Know About Homeschooling and a suggestion to "check out #2". So, I clicked through and found The 10 Most...article and had to smile as I read number two:

"2. You are qualified to homeschool your children if you love to read to them, love to spend time with them, love to explore the world with them, love to see them learn new things and, most importantly, love them. Again, don’t doubt your ability! "

One more wink from God, I'd say.

And, just in case you're interested, the rest of the Top 10 Reasons can be found here.

No comments: