Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Couple of Links

Michelle, at Dei Gratia, has been updating her blog with some of her families' Advent/Thanksgiving traditions. She has a bunch of great ideas you can check out, but be sure you don't miss the Blessing Box and the Blessing Mix. These are two super ideas that I've never heard of before.

Anyone have any other great suggestions for what your family does to celebrate Thanksgiving? (I'm going to re-ask the same question about Advent once I get our family traditions all sorted out in my mind, perhaps after Halloween is finished!)

Also, for those of you who live in the Chicagoland area, Dr. Ray Guarendi is coming to speak at our parish on November 12th at 7pm. There is no cost for the event, but a free will offering will be collected. He is a psychologist specializing in family/children and has a wonderful "no-nonsense" approach to problem solving. He is also the father of 10 adopted children, many of whom have special needs. You can hear some of his wisdom here and read more about him here.


2 comments:

Therese said...

I love Dr. Ray. I use to download his Doctor is in from CA to listen too.

I wonder if he would come out to Australia? Maybe you could ask him for me Jane. Tell him I would be happy to put him and his wife and children up for a few days. :::grin:::

Michelle said...

Jane, oh I wish I lived closer. :) Have you heard him speak before? If you have time, please post about his talk.