Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Taking matters into her own hands



Today was the All-School Picnic at our three oldest kids' school. I think they all enjoyed themselves despite a brief rainstorm and a minor injury on the part of the Boy. The highlight of the day, however, was that the big girls came home with their faces painted. As they settled into their seats in the car, little N sniffled, "I want my face painted, too." "Maybe another day," I answered, thinking the matter settled. You'd think I'd have learned by now, right?



Well, tonight, in the middle of preparing dinner, N tugged at my shirt from below. I looked down to find her staring up at me, both hands masking the majority of her face. "What is it?" I asked quickly before my brain had time to retrieve the obvious answer:





As a friend of mine would say, "Way to be a problem solver, N!"

No comments: