Sunday, December 03, 2006

Photo Wall Addition

Upon their arrival home, as we've been going through the carry-on bags (since the four gigantic suitcases we left with only just made their way to the airport today!) I've been trying to learn as much about the trip and Ethiopia as I can vicariously. My husband continues to amaze me with the items he pulls out of his bag. For example, he was given a picture by Baby T's bedileuma (I'm not sure of the spelling of this, nor am I entirely sure if this is accurate-but I believe she was his main caregiver at Wanna House). She had come to know and love our kids over the past 5 months that they were there and wanted a special picture by which to remember them. It could only have been divine intervention (which according to my husband basically presided over the entire trip) that for some unknown reason, a copy was made of this photo, in an 8 by 10 size print and was presented to my husband when he arrived.


This was before we arrived, the day they went for passport photos. We are now in search of the perfect frame to hang it on our family photo wall. Still, many more photos and stories to tell. I'm hoping to have the boys share some of their trip in the first person as well. For now, I'm off to bed before Baby T decides that it's morning in Ethiopia and time to wake up !

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

J and the entire family...I can't even imagine the joy you must be feeling to have your new family members home safely. What a way to bring in the Christmas season! They are beautiful, beautiful kids....such a blessing to see H's smiling face....can't wait to meet them someday!

Anonymous said...

Dear Mrs.M , why was'ent B at school on Monday? Was she at home with H? K.H.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful surprise, Jane. And I just want to grab K.H. and throw on a big smooch, what a CUTIE! See me NOT calling you all day yesterday? That was a gift because I am just going crazy to hear from you.