Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Do Your Homework!

This is one of those "Do as I say, not as I do" parenting/homeschooling/teachable moments. No one will be any more disturbed than I (okay, maybe The Captain) when they find out about our lovely little educational science project gone awry.

It appears that the breed of tadpole contained in the kit we purchased is that of the African Bullfrog persuasion.

And it also appears that some of these little fellers can grow pretty big.

Don't any one of you remind me that I ordered said kit of my own free will.

Please.

I will have enough explaining to do (not to mention worms to dig) should our frog grow to its maximum size.

2 comments:

Sarah - Kala said...

I haven't seen but two huge bull frogs where I live (on O'ahu) and both were dead, flat things on the street. If I ever see one alive I will probably scream, even though it's just a frog.

Anonymous said...

if it is at all reassuring, in my six months in Africa last year, I saw some pretty huge bugs, but I never saw a frog THAT big! :-)