Thursday, April 05, 2007

Wouldn't it be nice

Last night, I took the boy to help me do the Easter grocery shopping. We're quite a sight in the store. He grabs a cart, I grab a cart and we schlep up and down the aisles filling the baskets with our "normal" groceries plus food for an Easter brunch to feed our family of 8 plus 17 other aunts, uncles, cousins and assorted relatives. When we rolled up to the check-out, we garned the standard bagger/cashier combo PLUS an additional bagger. About halfway through the check-out, my young bagger guy said to the equally young cashier guy:

Bagger Guy: Hey, did you apply the discount yet?

Cashier Guy: Huh?

Bagger Guy: I said, did you apply the discount?

Cashier Guy (looking very confused): What discount?

Bagger Guy: (smiling as he looked at me) The "feeding a small army" discount!

Oh, Bagger Guy, you are my new hero! If only there was such a discount...especially with a teenage boy in the house.

No comments: