Monday, April 30, 2007

Sleep Solutions?

I just hung up the phone with my friend. We were talking about night-waking in toddlers and preschoolers. She asked if I had any good resources or books about this and what are some good ways to encourage them to sleep, preferrably in their own room, although at this point, just sleeping through the night would be an improvement. I have to say, I'm drawing a total blank. I know I've heard people (generally other moms) talk about solutions that have worked for them, but I'm at a complete loss for where to find those books or references. Anyone have any suggestions?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the "No Cry Sleep Solution for Toddlers" by Elizabeth Pantley. It has many suggestions and even has a chapter on the sleep needs of adopted children.

Buena suerte-
Jennifer

Jane (a.k.a. patjrsmom) said...

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for this idea. I may have to check it out myself as my toddler and preschooler (BOTH) were fighting over a spot in our bed in the middle of last night!!!

Jane