Friday, December 19, 2008

Next Stop--Bethlehem

Not only does this time of year leave me feeling a bit nostalgic and melancholy for warm family memories, it also leaves me reminiscing around my previous years' Christmas posts, which leaves you, dear friends, the bearers of my jolly finds.

From the Christmas ark-ives...


The vacant nativity scene should have been my first clue...

But sometimes, you just have to see things to believe them...

Could it be? Rather than the traditional long-eared donkey, Joseph high-tailed it into town driving Mary, the animals and the three kings on--dare I say--a big yellow school bus?

And how did the mother from the Fisher-Price family doll house get on board?

Look out, Oliver Stone. You've got nothing on a three-year old left to her imagination.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for replaying this awesome ark scene!! It was one of my favorites last year so I was happy to see it show up again this Christmas.

Love,
CC

Laura said...

You just made my morning.
Those are adorable pictures.

Laura The Crazy Mama said...

"ark-ives"
You are a hoot, lady!

Looks like your three year old got it from YOU!

Cathy Santarsiero, "The Christmas Corgi" said...

Hmmm....Jesus, Mary and Joseph and a few others seeking God, crammed together on a bus? Sounds like a retreat to me. What can I tell you, 12 years of Catholic school and many years on the youth ministry team. LOL. To me bus=roadtrip. Of COURSE there is a mom on board. Every well orchestrated road trip needs a mom! Thanks for sharing these pics. It made my heart sing. Merry Christmas to you and your lovely family. xo Cathy ^..^