Have you followed the Duggar family on their journey? In case you've missed their numerous Discovery Channel based specials, you can check the listings to see when the various shows they've filmed will air again. You can also read about a NEW special coming in September, which will introduce the newest member of the Duggar family--#17-- Jennifer Danielle, born a few days ago on August 2nd.
As people often stare in shock when the ark members roll through, this family leaves me standing slack-jawed. It's all in the perspective. And being open to what God calls you to do. It is most certainly NOT what this misinformed and hard-hearted lost soul wrote about the family. I'll bet that the article's author doesn't realize who some of those post 2.5 kids are:
- St. Catherine of Siena (#25), Dominican tertiary and Doctor of the Church, worked to heal the Great Western Schism
- Harriet Beecher Stowe (#7 of 11), author of Uncle Tom's Cabin, first major American novel with an African-American hero, activist for abolitionist cause
- Stephen Colbert (#11), American humorist known for political satire and commentary
- The Gilbreth Children (#1-12), the original "Cheaper By The Dozen" family, all of whom graduated college, 5 of the 6 brothers (the 6th ineligible due to health reasons) served in the Second World War protecting democracy and freedom (even of the speech of rogue, ax-to-grind columnists)
- Thomas Jefferson (#3 of 8), third president of the United States, principal author of the Declaration of Independence, insistence that the Bill of Rights, consisting of the first ten amendments, was adopted (Note to writer: reread section on Bill of Rights)
- John F. Kennedy (#2 of 9), thirty-fifth president of the United States, proposed the Civil Rights Act of 1964, created the Peace Corps, defused Cuban Missile Crisis
(Ed. Note: I'm sure I'm missing many people, who would be well suited for a list such as this one. If you know anyone else, leave a note in the comments section below and I'll add it!)Where is that arbitrary "how many kids is too many?" line drawn and who gets to decide when it's been crossed? Oh yeah, the official line draw-er of all time would be the original line-drawer--God. I'm sure He's aware of those on the wrong side of it. And last I checked, it was up to Him alone to sit in judgement, not us. It's kind of His job, anyway, although I'm sure He's terribly interested in feedback from this writer about how His job performance rates. Fortunately for the writer, his own mother was open to the life God gave her; giving him the opportunity to brutally ridicule the choices made by those who believe differently than him.