Saturday, February 24, 2007

Question

On fasting days during Lent, when you sit down (hahaha) to eat your breakfast at 8am but the cat needs to be let out, then you grab a bite, the baby needs to be changed, wash your hands and then you grab a second bite, the phone rings, then another bite, the doorbell rings, a quick swig of coffee, the dryer signals it's finished and you go to pull the laundry out and fold it, cram the last bit of toast in your mouth, the other baby needs to be changed, down the last of the coffee as you check the clock and see that it's time to wash hands again in order to begin preparing lunch...

Have you *eaten* between meals?

6 comments:

5KidMom said...

In the parenting world, I may just be Lent everyday!!

Anonymous said...

this is too metaphysical for me. still i think i'll go with yes, you ate between meals even if you never ate aforementioned meals, only their ideal forms (some sort of dream cuisine reality)...but at least you wash your hands alot.

now here's a good one:
which is better - shampoo or conditioner?

Jane (a.k.a. patjrsmom) said...

we love both-ps we can't understand aword you said, auntie l, and i thought my teacher used big words! love, the boy and co...

Julie Cooper said...

Very funny post! Seriously, though, I think if you set out to eat a certain amount for breakfast on the fasting days, you can eat that amount. I can't speak for God (and wouldn't even try!), but I would think that He understands and appreciates that you put your kids' needs first! Julie

Anonymous said...

Hey! I have absolutely LOVED reading your blog for a few months now, but have never felt moved to comment until now (no particular reason.) Anyway, I would wholeheartedly agree with my friend Julie. Although, I also would not attempt to speak for God, I like to think that he sees your heart and your heart's desire. It sometimes takes busy mom's 4 hours just to eat their breakfast.
Thanks for your sharing and constant inspiration

Jane (a.k.a. patjrsmom) said...

Thanks, I would like to think that God knows that my intentions are good and I really believe that it's my heart that He sees not just my weak attempts. I also sometimes think that in the life of a mother, much comic relief is provided to God and all those departed souls gone already to heaven!