Friday, April 03, 2009

Fast Fixin' Friday

We've had a fun-but busy-day today. I hope to post the details over the weekend. And return a few phone calls I want to make. (Looking in your direction, Cath). Hence a quick meal was deemed the order of the day for dinner--and being a Lenten Friday--meatless. Rifling through my recipe cards, I pulled out a recipe that is short on work, but long on taste: homemade (and I use the word loosely, but I invite you all to take a mallet to my head if I ever find myself with so much time on my hands that I debate the term homemade vs. from scratch vs. any other unmentioned meal etiology) quiche.

Without further ado, the quiche.

Preheat oven to 375 F

1/2 c. milk
1/2 c. mayonnaise
1/2c. -1c. shredded cheese
1/2c.-1c. vegetables or meats
dash red pepper
2-4 eggs
1 frozen (for those homemade purists, I invite you to make your own--and then, perhaps, make one for me) pie crust

Mix all ingredients, pour into the pie crust. Bake until golden brown on top-about 30-45 minutes.

Let cool before cutting.

1 comment:

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

I have almost the exact same recipe! I use little shrimp, onions and Swiss cheese (and some dill for seasoning.) YUMMY. Thanks for the reminder about this dish!