Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Mother's Day Prayer

Loving Father,

We thank You for the love of the Mothers in our lives, who cared for us when we were helpless, who comforted us when we were hurt, and whose love and care we often took for granted.

When they are down, give them comfort; when they are discouraged, give them hope; and when they feel as though they have no patience left, give them strength. May they feel Your love in their hearts, Your peace in their minds, and Your joy in their spirits.

Bless all Mothers, that their love may be deep and tender, that they may lead their children to know and do what is good, living not for themselves alone, but for God and for others. Most of all, our caring Father, we ask You to give Mothers the grace they most need and desire today.

We ask this in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior. Amen.

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me.
They have clung to me all my life.
--Abraham Lincoln

6 comments:

Lerin said...

Happy Mother's Day!!!

Barbara said...

Happy Mother's Day to you, Jane! You are an incredible mom!

Easter Almuena said...

Many blessings to you today, wonderful mother!

Anne said...

I hope you had a very blessed Mother's Day!!

Anne

darci said...

happy mother's day to you! :)

Laura said...

Happy Mothers Day Jane.
I admire you so much.