Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Tell us how you really feel

Since moving to the midwest, we've become American Idol watchers. We were very excited when it started this year and H said she knew that show from Ethiopia. She said excitedly, "I know that one!!! It is Ethiopian Idol ." (You can read a review about the show here.) So, our girl is a big Idol fan regardless of the country of broadcast. Like tonight, she watched the singer, Haley, with a furrowed brow and a very disgusted look on her face. And when Ryan Seacrest came on to tell America how to vote for her. H looked at me and said, "Where is phone? I call her and say, 'You no come back next week. You dress is too small and you sing very, very bad." Simon Cowell--look out!

3 comments:

Julie Cooper said...

What's funny to me is that my 8-year-old Ethiopian child thinks that he can call up American Idol, too, and talk to the contestants!! What is wonderful is how much these children value modesty. B.J. covers his eyes and grunts when he sees a woman showing too much skin. I love it and it's rubbing off on the other boys. (BTW, was that lingerie?!)

5KidMom said...

I think I'm glad I missed Haley. Thank you to B.J. and H for the warnings. LaKisha was amazing (as usual) though. 8^)

Jane (a.k.a. patjrsmom) said...

Julie-I don't know what she was wearing, but apparently enough people liked it to allow her to make it through another week!
5kidmom-you are correct about LaKisha--she is something else and we also like Melinda Doolittle and the young girl Jordan.